Sanofi Biogenius Canada (SBC) is an opportunity for you to gain real-life research experience, while pursuing groundbreaking projects under the mentorship of professional experts. It is no ordinary science fair.
REGISTRATION IS EASY
To register for SBC, you must first fit the following criteria:
- You must attend a Canadian public or private school.
- You must be enrolled in Grades 9-12 during the current school year. In Quebec, CEGEP students are eligible, as high school ends at Grade 11 (Secondary 5).
- If you are a returning participant, projects must include new research work, and must be sufficiently different from the project presented in a previous year.
Beyond that, all you need is a great idea related to biotechnology or life you’re willing to explore in a laboratory setting. Learn how to develop your project here.
WORK INDIVIDUALLY OR IN A TEAM
You’ve always got two options with SBC: put together your project on your own, or work in a group with a partner. Group projects will also be paired with a professional mentor, maintaining the same SBC experience that individual competitors will have. Same project rules and timelines, but now, working with a friend!
If you and a partner would like to register for the group competition, you must:
- Attend the SAME Canadian public or private school.
- Both be enrolled in Grades 9-12 during the current school year. In Quebec, CEGEP students are eligible, as high school ends at Grade 11 (Secondary 5).
- Work cooperatively on all aspects of your project, and be able to present at the competition as a team.
It’s a fantastic opportunity for those students who may not feel as comfortable working on their own, while still gaining the same fulfilling SBC experience.