If you’ve been selected to compete in the SBC regionals – congratulations! You’re one step closer to realizing your potential as a future scientist. You’re sure to be very busy carrying out experiments with your mentor, but don’t forget the project display component – it’s a key requirement in presenting your findings to the judging committee. Here are some examples of posters from previous competitions.
Guidelines & Tips
- Your one-sheet “roll-up” poster must be able to be fastened to a backboard and easily removed for transportation.
- Required dimensions: 36” high x 48” wide
- Poster should include the following:
- Project title
- Student and school names
- Introduction: background, rationale, possible applications, etc.
- Materials and methods
- Results: graphs, photos, tables, descriptions, etc.
- Discussion and conclusion
- Acknowledgements (to principal, teacher, mentor(s), or others as appropriate)
Make sure to have your mentor review your poster before printing!